Lovett Defensive Coordinator George Pribish is retiring after 29 season at the helm of the Lions defense. His 29 years at Lovett were extremely successful; during his time there:
- Lovett went 244-106. That’s a 70% winning percentage.
- How does his record stack up against head coaches in Georgia state history? 244 wins would be 32ndall time in Georgia. And of the 31 coaches ahead of him, only 9 won all their games at one school, like George Pribish (who previously coached out of state).
- His Lion teams made the playoffs 26 of the 29 years; including the last 17 years in a row.
- In those 3 seasons in which the Lions did not make the playoff, his defense gave up an average of 14 points per game.
- His teams won 54 playoff games – which is more than 2 wins per playoff appearance (in other words, on average the Lions made the quarterfinals each playoff appearance)
- He won a state championship in 2013. The opposition, Lamar County, scored only 7 points in the championship game. Lamar Co. entered the game averaging 42 points per game.
- He coached 29 All-State Defensive players in his 29 years, including the states Defensive Player of the Year in 2013 (Charlie Ingram) and Grant Haley, who currently starts as a defensive back for the NY Giants.